Paediatric First Aid
This paediatric first aid course focuses on emergency scenarios that are faced by professionals, including teachers, au pairs and playgroup leaders, looking after young children.
£60 +VAT per person
Minimum 6 : Maximum 12 Delegates
Course Duration: 2 Days
(Course Contact Time – 12 Hours)
It meets Ofsted requirements for registered childminders and the requirements for nannies under the Approved Carers Scheme. It can also be used as evidence for employees working towards an NVQ in Childcare and Education.
Who should attend?
This course is for people working with younger children – those up to eight years old – or working towards an NVQ in Childcare and Education.
What you will learn?
The course covers how to deal with accidents and emergencies involving young children.
- Health and safety (first aid) regulations
- Managing an incident
- First aid kit
- Action planning
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Resuscitation – Adult, Child and Baby
- Asthma and diabetic emergencies
- Head injuries
- Sprains, strains and fractures
- Poisoning, bites and stings
- Foreign objects
- Childhood conditions (e.g. measles, meningitis, croup)
Assessment and certification
Continuous assessment by trainer.
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance, valid for 3 years.