The objective of this course is to give delegates all round knowledge of what to do in the event of a fire.
£35 +VAT per person
Maximum 15 Delegates
Course Duration: Half Day
(Course Contact Time – 2 Hours)
Fire awareness courses in the Midlands, Derby and Belper
Who should attend?
All persons at work and especially newly appointed staff need to have a basic understanding of fire precautions and the actions to be taken in the event of a fire.
What you will learn?
The course will present an insight into fire regulations and general fire precautions and recognizing problem areas.
- Basic fire awareness (Triangle of fire, media for extinguishing fires etc)
- Responsibilities of all staff regarding fire
- Fire fighting equipment: types, uses & method of use (including practical demonstration and student use if required)
- Action before the alarm sounds
- Action after the alarm sounds
- The importance of maintenance of external/internal exits; staircases; waste management
- Signs and notices
- Alarm panels
Assessment and certification
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance, valid for 3 years.
Fire extinguishers are optional to the course but we always strongly recommend that all staff be familiar with equipment that they may use.